Saturday, May 25, 2013

Quick Update, Hope You're Week's Been A Good One!

As you were bound to see and may have started to notice already, I live in an incredible world of non stop trials and learning experiences!  This week alone my daughter and I have been through our building's sewer backing up into my bedroom, followed by leaks sprouting in various areas of our living room ceiling a couple days later-I can only move the couch so far!  I've had a crazy busy week with work for my regular job as an administrative assistant and meeting with new clients for my resume posting job, unfortunately all is not always as it appears.  One client keeps saying his check is "in the mail" and another's check bounced and suddenly he's too busy to answer my messages.  Long week!  Through everything else along with my normal health issues, I've found a strength from within that I haven't had in a long time and have worried I had lost forever due to my list of health issues.  Despite the struggle to function each day, I was finally more motivated than ever to finally drop off a collection of shoes Kylie has collected for Soles4Souls.  Once again, finding no one but ourselves to haul the big heavy boxes up the stairs and out to the van, somehow we did it.  I was first able to move the middle seats of the van into the trunk, which appeared impossible at any point before.  This new found or recovered physical strength gave me the sense of peace from within that I need to keep going and not just curling up into a ball waiting for the world to pass over us (we live in a basement apartment).  Kylie and I managed to deliver 375 pairs of shoes for those in need.  That's what truly matters at the end of a week like this.  Long week!  So far I continue to have the strength and have taken full advantage by working on a full cleaning/over haul of our apartment.  I don't know how long I'll feel strong enough to do this and how long my debilitating pain will take a break, so I'll just keep going as far as I can.  Once it's done or I crash into a major flair up, I'll stop.  It's not what others may agree with, but it's the best I can do and I'm happy with that.  It's been years since I've been able to do as much as I've done these past few days and I am soaking in every minute of it!

This week has not been nearly as long as they've had to endure in Oklahoma though, we all need to do what we can to remember those with needs greater than ours and more difficult trials to get through.  For those of us who aren't in the position to donate financially, the least we can do is remember them and pray for them all to have the strength to keep moving forward and persevere through it all.  This is something we all need to remember at one time or another, it may not always be easy, but I'm sure there are times in your past that didn't seem like you'd make it through the day and here you are. 

Looking at the weather for the upcoming week, looks like more rain.  I can only hope there's not much rain when it does come down and we'll be good.  Not the greatest of Memorial Day weekends that I can remember, but the sun will return and all will be well.  We can't complain too much as long as the air temps are warmer and we all know summer will be here soon!

I hope everyone has a wonderful rest of the extended weekend and I will be sharing again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment